To backup emails you must export them from outlook and store them in a secure location.
- While in Outlook select File >Open & Export > Import/Export
- You will then be prompted with the "Import and Export Wizard". Once prompted select "Export to File". Once the option is selected hit Next.
- It will then prompt you for a file type. For this guide we will be selecting "Outlook Data File (.pst)". Once the filetype is selected hit next.
- Once the file type is selected the wizard will display a folder structure Tree. Select the folder you would like to export or select the account if you would like to export everything. Once the folder is selected hit next.
The Wizard will then prompt you for a location to store the file. For this guide we will be saving it to the desktop. Once the path is selected hit next.
It will then prompt you to password protect your file. Enter a secure password and hit next
This password is not able to be recovered so be sure to remember it.
- It will then process the export and the PST file will be on your desktop.